Saturday, April 19

I have been in Seattle for the week

I attended the MVP summit and learned about what is coming in the next view versions of Visual Studio, C# and VB.NET plus a slew of other things. Most all of it is under NDA of course, so I won't be mentioning most of that right away. I went to a session on ASP.NET MVC and wrote a basic application with it in about an hour. It works pretty well, though if you are familiar with Web forms you may think you have gone back to asp pages. The key benefits is that the controllers and models are easy to write unit tests for, especially with some of the changes coming in the next version. It would be interesting to hook up some different views to the engine like velocity templates or something. I will post some examples next week after I am able to get some rest. You can download the latest version (and also the source) along with many sample and tutorials at the ASP.NET MVC site.

No comments: